Sometimes a recipe is already perfect and we just need to leave it as is, so that’s what I did today. Well, there may have been the slight factor of laziness but we’ll say it’s the former.
These muffins are from Allrecipies and if over 8,500 people rate it as perfect, who am I to disagree?
A lot of people say that muffins are just cupcakes without icing, just trying to make you feel bad about eating a muffin. But there’s fruit in them! That’s got to count for something, right? No? Okay then… not very good for you. But these actually taste amazing. The crumb topping adds that extra sweetness since there really isn’t much sugar in the batter (where my healthy proposition comes from).
The recipe is insanely easy. Just combine all the ingredients together (order really doesn’t matter in this case).
Pour the batter into your tin… Add the crumb topping…
And bake away.
Beautiful and delicious 🙂
On a completely unrelated note, I propose that time needs to stop for about one day so I can finish everything that I need to get done. Why is it that posting this week is the only one of my deadlines that I’ve managed to meet? No idea. Hope you guys have a wonderfully productive week and we’ll see (write to, talk to) you next Sunday!
(the only change I made was that I added 1 tsp of cinnamon into the batter)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.