This week has been super busy for both of us, so I have a short and sweet recipe for you today. Our blog is called “Sweet Little Brownies”, so obviously we NEED to have an awesome brownie recipe! I promise, this is the first of many brownies!
Since I love cupcakes so much, I thought why not merge to two and make a brownie-cupcake chimera (ooo fancy science word lol)! I personally love fudgy super intensely chocolatey brownies, but I know many of you are dark chocolate haters, so this one is cakey and sweet and just plain scrumptious.
You honestly only need one bowl and a big spoon or whisk to make these, and if you put these in the oven before an episode of Parks and Recreation, you’ll have some brownies, so you can treat yo’ self! ;P
Anyone see last week’s episode?!?!
Anywho, I got this recipe from joyofbaking.com, which is a great resource, and has lots of fool-proof treats.
We only use omega 3 eggs here at SLB-our treats are good for your brain AND your heart!
For the cupcakes, first melt the semisweet chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Then once it is cooled slightly, add sugar, and vanilla, and 3 eggs (one at a time). Once that’s blended really well, add flour and salt. Pour that into your muffin pan, and bake at 325 degrees Celsius for 20-25 mins.
To make the frosting, melt more chocolate (really good for you, trust me ;P), and once it has cooled, add butter, and then sugar and vanilla. I used less sugar because I found they didn’t need as much, but of course, it’s really upto you. I used the Wilton 1M tip for the frosting, but you can even skip the frosting, and eat them plain, maybe with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top?
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Thanks again to V for the awesome artsy photos!
Thanks for visiting us! See you next week, for some fab treats by S!
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Makes 12 cupcakes
½ cup semisweet chocolate
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, and cut into pieces
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
¾ cup All Purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
½ cup semisweet chocolate
2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ to 1 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted (depending on how sweet you like your brownies)
1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 C, and line muffin tin with wrappers. Adjust your oven racks so the rack is in the middle.
2. Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler. Once smooth, remove from heat and cool for a few mintues.
3. Stir in sugar, vanilla, eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
4. Add flour and salt, mix well.
5. Divide batter into cupcake tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want moist crumbs to stick to the toothpick when you check. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the brownies will be dry.
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. With a hand mixer, break butter until creamy, and add sugar then beat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla, continue beating.
3. Add chocolate and beat on low speed until thoroughly combined. Increase the speed and whip up the frosting until it is smooth and glossy.
4. Once brownie cupcakes are cooled completely (feel free to throw them into the freezer to speed up the process), frost them. Dust with icing sugar, if you like!