I never seem to have time for breakfast. I could easily make time by just waking up ten minutes earlier, but I value my sleep like it’s nobody’s business. So it’s easiest for me to just have something I can grab and eat on the go. Baking doesn’t always have to be unhealthy (I just prefer when it is). I’ve been making some sort of fruit loaf on weekends lately, that lasts me most of the week. Here are some ideas for you, add in whatever your heart desires! 🙂
Pretty standard here: dry, wet, fruit, bake, and enjoy!
Okay, I admit these aren’t necessarily healthy… but it could be worse, right?
Anyways, hope you have a wonderful week!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup diced apples
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 teaspoon flour
1) Mix flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and baking powder together.
2) Beat eggs and add sugar and oil.
3) Add vanilla and dry ingredients.
4) Stir in apples.
5) Mix walnuts in a tsp of flour and add to batter.
6) Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Strawberry Banana Bread
from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhZN-IRwcw (I halved this to make one loaf)
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 large bananas, mashed
1 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with oil and evenly dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
2) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
3) In a medium bowl beat together the eggs. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon zest and beat to combine. Stir in the mashed bananas.
4) Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
5) Fold in the strawberries and walnuts.
6) Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and bake until a tester comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8) In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread the icing over the cake.