Hey there! I’ve been wanting to make donuts at home for a verrrrry long time. Yet I’ve never done it since A) deep frying frightens me and B) I don’t have a donut baking pan. So today my friend and I were doing something we do quite frequently: talking about food and looking at amazing food pictures. Then I decided I would make donuts anyways. I knew I wanted to bake them and so I found a recipe that I thought would work. I mixed up the dough, then put it into a muffin tin. To make the centre hole, I spread the dough around a rigatoni noodle (creativity points?).
I will admit that I probably put a little too much dough into each well so the final shape was a little more muffin-like than I really wanted. The overall texture was pretty light and overall tasty.
Hope you’re all having a wonderful week!
5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF
2. Lightly oil mini donut pan and set aside (alternatively you can use mini muffin pans)
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
4. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined (mixture will look curdled)
5. Mix in the baking powder, then the salt
6. Mix in the flour just until combined
7. If using mini donut pan, transfer mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe into the pan only filling ½ of the way fill. If using the mini muffin pan, fill each well ½ full
8. Bake at 325ºF for 8-10 minutes
9. Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping
10. Melt the butter for the topping and combine the cinnamon and sugar
11. Dip each donut lightly in butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar